Trip to Pune

I have been traveling to Pune for many years. The first time I visited Pune was in June 1985, as a young Indian Navy Lieutenant to join my Post Graduation Course in Advance Marine Engineering. This course was at the pictureseque place near the Khadakvasla Lake and near the National Defence Academy called the Institute of Armament Technololy at Girinagar. We used to travel from Girinagar to Pune city by scooter, a distance of about 13 km. Me, my wife and son on a scooter returning home alone after sunset anyday used to be a scary thing. There was nothing on the way except the Venky's chickens and a few villages enroute. But I recently visited Defence Institute of Armament Technology at Girinagar, a deemed Defence University now and was amazed. No fear at all on the road, as the entire greenery is gone and the whole route is filled with concrete and the villages are also no longer visible. However, the ambience and greenery of the lake and the Defence Institute of Armament Technology are still the same. Looks like growth of the city has left this place untouched, except that it is now a deemed University and in that area has grown by leaps and bounds. More about my recent visit to Pune in the next Blog.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Travels: Trip to Pune

Visit Pune - An Aide-Memoir

sairsapata.co.in