My Travels: Trip to Pune

My Travels: Trip to Pune: I recently visited Pune for the marriage of the daughter of one of my course mate an ex Naval Officer and someone who has been on the Time Magazine Cover in this year, She was getting married to the son of the Chief of Staff of the Southern Command. A very lovely couple. The ceremonies of the marriage were conducted in the most professional manner. A marriage of a Hindu with a Roman Catholic Christian, the event will forever remain in my memories for times to come. It really shows how India is a real great secular country where religions don't matter. The marriage was performed in Hindu tradition, followed by the marriage in the Church in the most traditional Roman Catholic way. At the end of the day a reception was held in the traditions of the Roman Catholics, which I have seen a plenty during my tenure at Goa. The whole experience was really very good and enjoyable. All the events were organised in the most professional manner, in cordial and beautiful atmosphere. This trip to Pune will forever remain etched in my memory due to the great experience of this multi cultural marriage. We wish the newly married couple a great married life and may the parents of both the children grow stronger bonds in the times to come. More about this Pune trip and my experiences in the next blog.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Visit Pune - An Aide-Memoir

Trip to Pune